This is when it's time to "bind off" or "cast off" the stitches from the needles.
How to Bind Off Knitting
- Begin the row by knitting the first two stitches.
- Next, take the first stitch you knit and lift it over the second stitch and drop it off the needle.
- Now continue by knitting the next stitch and then lifting the first stitch on the needle over the stitch and drop it off the needle. Repeat along the row until only one stitch remains on the right needle.
- Cut the yarn leaving approximately a 4" tail.
- Place the tail through the remaining loop, remove the knitting needle and pull on the tail to tighten. You have just completed binding off your knitting!
Video compliments of Knitting for Dummies